Chicago brewers lay claim to a little hometown glory
Best in show: All of the Chicago brewers on hand — and even those who didn't come — entered what is the highlight for many breweries: the Great American Beer Festival competition. (Great American Beer Festival)
Of the 4,338 entries in 84 categories from 666 breweries, Illinois winners were:
• Brickstone Brewery, Bourbonnais (Brickstone APA, America-style pale ale, 109 entries)
• Goose Island (India Pale Ale, English-style India pale ale category, 54 entries)
• Revolution Brewing (Cross of Gold, English-style summer ale, 38 entries).
• Piece Brewery (The Weight, American-style pale ale, 109 entries)
• Two Brothers (Ebel's Weiss, south German-style Hefeweizen, 70 entries).
• 5 Rabbit (5 Lizard, fruit wheat beer, 38 entries)
• Destihl, Normal and Champaign (bronze in the fruit beer category for its Strawberry Blonde Ale)
• Revolution Brewing (A Little Crazy, American-Belgo-style ale, 71 entries)
• Three Floyds (Zombie Dust, American-style pale ale, 109 entries)
• Two Brothers (Domaine DuPage, Belgian- and French-style ale, 68 entries)