"People don't realize when you have such a massive piece of ice not only how much it weighs but how much water it takes to make something like that," he says. "It's roughly 10,000 gallons of water to make 4 tons of ice."
- Bio | E-mail | Recent columns
- Pictures: 'Iceploration' at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- Complete Busch Gardens coverage
- Pictures: Busch Gardens through the years
- Busch Gardens Cheetah Hunt coaster and Cheetah Run animal encounter
- Pictures: Adventure Island in Tampa
- Pictures from Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream
See more photos »
10165 McKinley Dr, Tampa, FL 33617, USA
There's a small non-icy rim at the downstage edge that some of the animals walk across.
"And some of them just fly over the ice," Swenson says.
Where: In the Moroccan Palace Theatre at Busch Gardens, 10165 N. McKinley Drive, Tampa
When: Three to five shows daily.
Cost: Included in regular park admission — one-day admission is $77.99 general, $67.99 ages 3-9