Family dining in Ft. Lauderdale
- Di Salvo's has several pizza restaurants in Broward featuring a moderately priced menu of pasta dishes and remarkable pizza. The Hollywood and Plantation locations are popular family dining spots.
- Deli Den is a time-honored Hollywood tradition for food like momma used to make. Matzah ball soup, pastrami sandwiches, whitefish salad--try it, you'll like it.
- Christina Wan's on U.S. 1, (Federal Highway) in Fort Lauderdale has popular Chinese specialties and is busy at lunch and dinner.
- Firehouse Subs on Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood feature New York-style submarine sandwiches.
- Sushi'N Thai, also on Hollywood Blvd., prepares outstanding Thai dishes.
- Le Petite Café in Dania Beach is the place for crepes and French specialties.
- Tropical Acres Steakhouse has been a Dania Beach staple for decades. Their seafood is excellent.
- Shula's Steakhouse, on Fort Lauderdale Beach is named for the former Miami Dolphins football coach. The restaurant serves great steaks amid lots of football memorabilia.
- Eduardo de San Angel is the place for gourmet Mexican food, a bit on the pricey side, but with a unique menu.
- Las Brisas, right on the ocean in Hollywood, features a Latin menu. The rustic chicken for two is a fave.